Statistical Programmer (C/C++ or Fortran) required.
Our Hertfordshire based client seeks an experienced Statistical Programmer (C/C++ or Fortran) with the following must have skills and experience:
Min of 2 years of commercial experience in a similar role.
- Design, develop and evaluate performance of statistical algorithms within R and Fortran
- Deliver clearly documented code for integration within companies apps
- Design and develop comprehensive testing programmes for R functions and algorithms
- Create R libraries to enhance existing apps and interface with APIs
- Work with key technical and development staff to understand the algorithm and R functional requirements
- Communicate concepts effectively with both the technical and commercial teams
- Work with technical team to provide APIs to underlying algorithms
Skills and competencies
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Sciences, Computer Sciences, Mathematics or Statistics
- A sound understanding of R and experience in R development
- Experience in library creation including application of continuous integration systems to ensure code quality
- Experience with a programming language such as C/C++ or Fortran
- Experience with data visualisation
- Strong communication and team work skills
- A proactive problem solver with strong analytical skills
- Able to travel and work in a multi-cultural environment
Please note only candidates with all of the above will be considered for this role.
Please contact Mike Steel on 01494 211006 or email@example.com for further details.