£19.500 / year + Service
- To be familiar with all hotel facilities and services and ensure they are promoted to our guests at all times taking every opportunity to act upon up-selling opportunities.
- To be aware of the departments weekly forecasted and budgeted targets.
- To help maintain Food and Beverage profit by keeping wastage and breakages to a minimum and taking remedial actions with all M & E staff responsible for such.
- In liaison with the F & B Services Manager make sure all par stocks and function open and closing stocks are recorded correctly to capture all stock and associated revenues.
- Maintain tight security of all beverage stock and bar floats, protecting our revenue against theft or loss, ensuring that any discrepancies are brought to the attention of the M & E or F & B Services Manager and are dealt with immediately
- Assist the M & E Services Manager to control the payroll minimizing the labour cost by monitoring the rota and business levels on a day to day basis, adjusting them to suit current business.
- Assist to maximise F & B revenue by ensuring bill procedures are being adhered to and that all postings are correct.
- In liaison with The M & E Services Mgr, review the overall performance of the department on a monthly basis and put into place action plans in order to protect revenue and control pilferage.
- Assist the M & E Service Manager to carry out departmental induction for all new casual workers in the M & E team to give them the core information & training needed to help them settle in quickly.
- To ensure that all casuals receive training in the departmental standards & procedures appropriate to their role and that all training is recorded on their individual training matrix.
- Monitor their performance, continually coaching and training in order to develop their skills.
- To ensure that grooming and uniform standards are maintained throughout the department at all times.
- To ensure that briefings and debriefings take place at each service session and that a full handover is conducted between shifts.
- To ensure that customer care levels are maintained at the highest degree possible, ensuring all guest complaints/comments are handled in a professional manner in line with the hotel complaints procedure.
- To make personal contact with all conference hosts to ensure that we are meeting their expectations and take immediate action to deal with any shortfalls as appropriate.
- To be aware of the Licensing Laws and Weights & Measures Act, ensuring they are adhered to at all times.
- To ensure all M & E staff on your shift completes their designated departmental tasks and responsibilities in accordance with hotel procedures and that they are fully prepared for each shift and all Mise-en-Place is completed to standard.
- Ensure that all staff on duty have a good knowledge of the current menus and their accompaniments
- To be fully conversant with all the Hotels food and beverage systems.
- To ensure that effective and up to date cleaning schedules are in place for all function rooms, banqueting kitchen and store areas and completed to standard.
- Carry out accurate and detailed stock takes of all M & E department cutlery, china and glassware on a monthly basis.
- Identify daily any Meetings & Events VIP guests ensuring all members of the team are aware of their visit and any special requirements.
- To be familiar with the technical standards of any equipment within M & E areas and supervise the equipment in the department ensuring that storage facilities are adequately controlled.
- To be pro-active in reporting any damage or breakages of equipment within the department to Maintenance, using the established procedures and ensure major repairs needed are communicated to F & B Services Mgr and the DGM.
- To ensure that all conference and function rooms are prepared correctly prior to service as laid out in the M & E Operations SOP ensuring a high standard of cleanliness and presentation.
- In liaison with the M & E Services Mgr plan and schedule training sessions around business needs.
- Ensure that you attend all internal meetings as identified in order to communicate all ideas/issues/relevant business.
- To arrive for work in plenty of time for your shift as per departmental rota and to comply with hotel uniform and appearance standards at all times.
- To maintain complete confidentiality of information at all times.
- To take reasonable care and responsibility for the Health & Safety of yourself and others who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work.
- To co-operate fully with the Company in maintaining a safe & secure working environment, adhering to all relevant Security, Fire, Health & Safety & Food Safety legislation and procedures.
- To be familiar with the Company Disciplinary & Grievance procedures, Absence notification procedures and Staff Rules & Regulations and ensure that you adhere to them at all times.
- To participate fully in any training identified as beneficial to you and your role.
- To undertake any other reasonable task or responsibility as required by your HOD, the Duty Manager or any member of the senior management team in order to meet our business needs.