Job Title: Junior Sous Chef (Orangery/All Day Dining)
Responsible to: Executive Chef
Hours of Work: 45 hours a week, to include weekends and bank holidays as per the rota.
Payrate: £21.000 Per year
Overall Purpose: To assist the Executive Chef and Sous Chefs to prepare top class cuisine/dishes using fresh local ingredients.
- To assist the Executive Chef and Sous Chefs to retain the 5 star
- Assist the Executive Chef and Sous Chef to oversee and to include freshness of ingredients, mis en place is ready for service.
- Your main focus will be on the department
- To ensure that the section is set for service.
- To train all Chefs and Kitchen Porters.
- To assist the Chef and Sous Chefs with daily food ordering.
- To help control wastage and food costs.
- To ensure the kitchen is organised with the correct daily function sheets, mis en place, job lists and that jobs are prioritised in the correct order.
- Assist in maintaining a professional level adhering to the Standard Operating Procedures and Policies. To assist and prepare the day to day ordering for the kitchen.
- To ensure that the kitchen areas are clean and meet safety standards.
- To assist with HACCP and Health and Safety procedures.
- To ensure that all kitchen equipment is fully functional, stored correctly and staff are looking after the equipment.
- To assist with menu planning and writing.
- Occasionally assist in the other kitchen areas.