Job title Project Engineer
Overall purpose of job The Project Engineer is responsible for the technical aspects and timescales of a range of servo-hydraulic projects
Responsible to Lead Project Engineer/Operations Director
Main Duties and Accountabilities
- Lead implementation of projects in-house and on-site (UK and overseas) to ensure efficient delivery of projects within time and cost parameters.
- Deliver projects under guidance of the Lead Project Engineer.
- Responsible for in-house testing, calibration and specification compliance.
- Responsible for on-site installation, testing and calibration.
- Documenting and reporting systems status, primarily when working on-site, on a regular basis or as required.
- Fault finding on systems as required.
- Ensure compliance with ISO9001, EC Machinery Directive and Health and Safety requirements.
- Attend project launch meetings as required.
- Liaise with all departments as required.
- Provide customer support as required, both on-site and remotely.
- Liaise with the customer during on-site phase, training customers to effectively use the equipment to ensure that they receive maximum benefit from their equipment.
- HND or degree qualified in an engineering or similar discipline.
- Past experience of calibrating, testing, fault finding of highly complex servo-hydraulic or comparable systems.
- Broad technical experience: mechanical, electrical and electronic.
- An appreciation of control technologies and techniques applied to real systems, such as industrial motion, process or manufacturing control.
- Demonstrable experience of external and internal client relationship management.
- Experienced of delivering projects internationally across timelines and aware of cultural differences.
- Positive client relationships with a strong focus on delivery and customer service.
- A valid passport and driving license is required for travel (national and international).
- An ability to be self-supporting in standalone remote locations, and to work positively in a team.
- Fluency with PC/Windows-based applications, good IT skills.
- Within commutable distance preferred.
- Leadership/management skills or ability.
Salary£50K - £60K + BOnus + benefits
SkillsASP.Net, C#, MVC, SQL Server, fluent nHibernate (or Entity Framework), Agile, Team City, GIT, SVN, TFS