£22.000/year + Service
To ensure the smooth and efficient running of the kitchen during service, and to ensure that all food delivered meets the Sarova standard.
- To ensure the proper storage, labelling and use of food supplies to prevent unnecessary spoilage and to maintain cost control.
- To educate all demi-chefs/commis chefs in the importance of wastage and cost control.
- To ensure that stock is rotated and controlled within their section of the kitchen
- To report and breakages to the Head Chef/Senior Sous Chef/ Junior Sous Chef
- Ensure that dishes are prepared and cooked following the standards of the SOP Manual
- Ensure that dishes are prepared and cooked following the standards of the HACCAP Manual
- To be responsible for preparing the mis-en-place for the restaurant
- To assist the Head Chef/Senior Sous Chef/Junior Sous Chef with preparation and service of Banqueting food.
- To ensure that any guest complaints are communicated to the Head Chef.
- Optimise food quality and guest satisfaction
- To assist the Head Chef with ordering requirements as and when necessary
- To share ideas with the Head Chef for future menus.
- To ensure that all kitchen opening and closing procedures are adhered to.
- To ensure that the kitchen is kept clean and tidy at all times.
- To report any faults to any piece of equipment to the Head Chef
- To ensure that the daily, weekly and monthly cleaning tasks are actioned as per the cleaning schedule.
- To train and develop the junior members of the brigade.
- To support your colleagues at all times to ensure teamwork is maintained
- To behave in a friendly, and hospitable manner to all guests and staff members
- To be flexible with the kitchen rota which is designed to meet the business needs
- To be clean and presentable at all times
- To be aware of department and hotel objectives and assist the Head Chef in achieving them.
- Co-operate fully with the Company in maintaining a safe & secure working environment, adhering to all relevant Security, Fire, Health & Safety & Food Safety legislation and procedures.
- Be familiar with and ensure that the Company Disciplinary & Grievance procedures are followed at all times.
- Participate fully in any training identified as beneficial to you and your role.
- Undertake any other reasonable task or responsibility as required by your line manager or a member of senior management in order to meet our business needs.