We are currently looking to recruit an Audio Electronics Technician either part-time or full-time.
This position involves carrying out repairs to audio electronics equipment, power amps, mixers, studio equipment, live sound. The candidate will need the ability to work in accordance with test procedures and schematic drawings and provide a detailed diagnostic and undertaking satisfactory repairs. Other duties will include: liaising with customers via phone, email and in-store enquiries, keeping tickets up to date with notes and sourcing parts in order to complete repairs. Candidates will ideally be qualified or studying to at least HNC or equivalent in electronics engineering. In addition, you will undertake work in other areas of the department. You will be expected to demonstrate initiative and possess excellent electronic and fault-finding knowledge together with communication, and organisational skills. The abilities to work proactively as an individual, effectively as part of a team and to communicate with a range of people from a variety of backgrounds is essential.
Skills and responsibilities include:
- Performing repairs on DJ, studio, power amps, digital & analogue units
- Experience with broadcasting technology
- Diagnose and repair units down to component level
- Reading schematic diagrams
- Soldering and reworking components (SMD and thru-hole)
- Using problem-solving skills to find a logical approach to testing and fault finding.
- Reverse engineering
- HND /HNC or degree in Electronic Engineering
- Ability to Fault Find / Reverse Engineer
- Good hand soldering skills
- Ability to repair to component level
- Experience with Digital & Analogue Processing technology
Working hours 09:00 – 17:30, Monday to Friday.
Salary£50K - £60K + BOnus + benefits
SkillsASP.Net, C#, MVC, SQL Server, fluent nHibernate (or Entity Framework), Agile, Team City, GIT, SVN, TFS